Amendments to the new GCSE PE (9-1) specification
The following amendments have been made to the specification and the latest issue (issue 2) can be accessed from the link below.
1. An agility test has been added (see page 11). It now reads:
3.2 The components of fitness, benefits for sport and how fitness is measured and improved
3.2.4 Fitness tests for specific components of fitness:
- cardiovascular fitness – Cooper 12 minute tests (run, swim), Harvard Step Test
- agility – Illinois agility run test,
- strength – grip dynamometer
- muscular endurance – one-minute sit-up, one-minute press-up
- speed – 30m sprint
- power – vertical jump
- flexibility – sit and reach
3.3 The principles of training and their application to personal exercise/ training programmes
(220) - (your age) = MaxHR;
(MaxHR) x (60% to 80%) = aerobic training zone;
(MaxHR) x (80% to 90%) = anaerobic training zone)
Predict - Often used in data related questions, for example where it requires a prediction of what is likely to happen in future, based on given data.
When the specification is updated and a new issue is published, any changes will be identified by a vertical line in the margin.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further information.