Summer 2021 Appeals
This feature provides key support for summer 2021 appeals across all of the Pearson Edexcel language qualifications.
Visit a special page on our website that provides information and support on the summer 2021 appeals process for all centres following our UK and international academic qualifications.
UK qualifications (GCSE and A level)
You'll see that it features a direct link to the JCQ guidance as well as a linked video to explain the appeals process. It also includes a useful chart for GCSE and A level qualifications showing the different steps:
- Before and after grades submission
- What to do from Results Day onward
Specific support is provided for our International GCSE and IAL/IAS qualifications too with information on our appeals approach. It outlines some of the key differences to the approach adopted for GCSE an A levels:
- potential aggregation of UMS and linked ‘cash-in’ grading errors
- academic judgements linked to the use of ‘unseen assessments’
- no Ofqual exam procedure review service
- Stage 1: Centre Reviews - 10 August -10 September, 2021 (10 - 20 August for priority cases)
- Stage 2 Pearson Appeals - 10 August - 17 September, 2021 (10 - 23 August for priority cases)
You can also visit the Pearson Professional Development Academy for further summer 2021 appeals support.