Accessing sound files and transcripts for live listening examinations
Sound files for our listening examinations are available for download through our special live materials secure download service (SDS). Find out how to get started.
Your examinations officer needs to have signed up for this service well before the exams are due to take place. This special service is accessed through Edexcel Online and not through the Pearson qualifications website, so you won't be able to access these live materials in the same way that you do for other locked, password-protected materials on the website (such as recent past papers).
- Log on to Edexcel Online (EOL).
- Select 'Secure download service' on the left-hand side.
- Check that the GMT and daylight saving time settings displayed are correct for your location.
- Click the 'Request access' button.
- An email will now be sent to the email address we hold for you on Edexcel Online. The subject title of this email is 'Edexcel Secure Download Service: Access Granted email 1 of 2'.
- On this email follow the link called 'Activate service'.
- You will be asked to confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions. There are new elements in the terms and conditions that we ask you take note of.
- If you agree to the terms and conditions, tick the confirmation box and the 'Activate service' button will now become active. Click on the 'Activate service' button and a second email will be sent to your Edexcel Online email address. The subject title of this email is 'Edexcel Secure Download Service Activated: email 2 of 2'.
- You have now registered. Do not delete this second email, as it provides the link by which you will access the secure material.
- Ensure you are logged in to Edexcel Online.
- Open the email called 'Edexcel Secure Download Service Activated: email 2 of 2' that we sent you when your registered.
- Follow the 'access materials' link in this email.
- A screen will now display showing the items available for you to download.
- Click 'Download' against the item you need and then select the location on your network to which you wish the item to be saved.
- Follow any onscreen instructions.
- Once finished, log out of Edexcel Online and close the email.
Please check that any pop-up blockers are switched off.
If you experience difficulties and have followed all of the instructions, contact email@example.com.
When can I access the materials?
You can access the recordings no earlier than 24 hours before the published start time of the examination. Transcripts can only be accessed up to one hour beforehand.
If a test is due to take place on a Monday at 1.30 p.m. you will be able to access the material on the previous working day. If the live exam tasks will take place in an afternoon session, you won't be able to access the material the day before until 1.30 p.m. Transcripts for a morning exam are available from 8.00 a.m. to 9.30 a.m. and from 12.30 p.m. to 2.00 p.m. for afternoon exams. The MP3 for a morning exam is available from 9.00 a.m. and from 1.30 p.m. for the afternoon exam on the day before (both for a period of 24 hours).