New mocks moderation service for A level Politics
We are pleased to announce that we will be including A level Politics in our new mocks moderation service from January 2023.
Mocks moderation service
Our new moderation service allows you to provide your students with their mock results whilst supporting your, or your team’s, marking skills. By sending in a sample of your exam papers, our moderators can supply commentaries and reports to help you understand the mark scheme and provide reassurance that your marking is aligned with the Edexcel standard for A-Level Politics. You'll need to submit a sample of around 15% of your own marked papers, which will be reviewed by our team of expert moderators. Your school will then receive script commentaries and the moderation report.
Please note, the Spring 2023 mocks moderation service will use the new A level Politics mock papers released this term.
How does the service work?
- Your students sit the mock exam (using the new mock papers).
- You mark your students’ mock exam papers
- We recommend that you select around 15% of the papers to be submitted for moderation (although you can submit a larger percentage if you like).
- Provide additional information of the sample by filling in the moderation spreadsheet.
- Your marking is moderated by our expert Pearson Edexcel Moderators with detailed script commentaries.
- The scripts with the commentaries and moderation report are returned to your centre within 21 days of us receiving your papers.
What's included in the service?
As part of the Mocks Moderation Service, you will receive electronic script commentaries on each paper, indicating any marking discrepancies. You will also receive a moderation report, which may contain the following examples:
- How students coped with each question in the paper.
- The completion rate and score analysis of the papers.
- Detail on the overall consistency of marking.
- Detail on how well teachers and students have understood the mark scheme.
- Strengths, weaknesses and common trends throughout the papers.
- Key focus areas for students and examiner recommendations.
When will the service be available?
This new service is available for you to use with your mocks from the Spring term of 2023 (01 January-31 May 2023). Advance booking will be available as soon as the mock papers are released.
How much does it cost?
The cost of using the mocks moderation service is normally £18 per student’s paper but we are offering a special 30% discount for A level Politics teachers who use the service this until May 2023. To claim the discount you must use the code: POLMK30
|9PL0_01||A Level Politics Paper 1: UK Politics and Core Political Ideas - 9PL0_01||£18||9781292727226||01/01/2023|
|9PL0_02||A Level Politics Paper 2: UK Government and Non-core Political Ideas - 9PL0_02||£18||9781292458977||01/01/2023|
|9PL0_3A||A Level Politics Paper 3A: Comparative Politics - USA - 9PL0_3A||£18||9781292727233||01/01/2023|
|9PL0_3B||A Level Politics Paper 3B: Comparative Politics - Global Politics 9PL0_3B||£18||9781292458984||01/01/2023|
*Price of £18 per student's paper moderated. A special discount of 30% is available for A level Politics teachers who use the service this until May 2023. To claim the discount you must use the code: POLMK30
Politics mocks moderation service survey
We'd love to hear whether the Politics mocks moderation service would be of interest to your centre. Please complete this short survey to let us know.