Summer 2020 results day update
Here is your Summer 2020 results day update, highlighting what you need to know before, on and after results day.
Results days in Summer 2020
|AS/A Level (Level 3)|
|13 August 2020|
|GCSE (Level 2)|
|20 August 2020|
Timeline for Summer 2020
Exceptional arrangements for exam grading and assessment in 2020
Here is the 'Exceptional arrangements for exam grading and assessment in 2020' consultation outcome document from Ofqual, providing confirmed decisions on the following:
- centre assessment grades
- issuing results
- impact on students
- statistical standardisation of centre assessment grades
- incorporating the approach into the regulatory framework
- appealing the results
- qualifications to which the exceptional regulatory measures apply
Read the consultation outcome here
Access all regulatory updates from the link here.
You can also access all Covid-19 updates from Pearson here.
Process for awarding GCSEs, AS and A levels summer 2020
The infographic in the link below from Ofqul illustrates the steps taken in the process for awarding results this summer.
Getting results on the day
Find out how you can access results and reports through electronic data interchange (EDI) and/or Edexcel Online, or by opting in for results in paper format.
After results day
Ofqual have confirmed that the normal appeal process, when exams and marking have taken place, are unable to happen this year as there are no exam scripts to review or mark.
However, they have:
- confirmed that a student who had evidence of bias or discrimination would be able to raise this with their centre. An exam board could investigate such evidence as indicating malpractice
- decided that, as now, centres must have a procedure which allows students to request that a review is conducted of the centre’s decision not to appeal to an exam board
- confirmed that appeals should be allowed where a centre believes it has made an error when submitting its information; or similarly, if the centre believes an exam board made a mistake when calculating, assigning or communicating a grade
Ofqual also publishes more details on appeals and confirms autumn exam arrangements
2021 exams and assessments
On the 2 July 2020, Ofqual has launched a consultaion on the proposals for assessing general qualifications in 2021.