December 2022 BTEC Performing Arts update
As we approach the end of term and the winter break, here is your December 2022 update with all the latest news on our BTEC Performing Arts qualifications.
In this update you will find:
- Tech Award 2017 Component 3 Guidance and Support
- BTEC Statistics for 2021/22
- BTEC Level 1 Introductory Vocational Studies
- Timetables for spring term
- Guidance for selecting existing professional repertoire
- New FAQ guidance for Components 1 and 2
- BTEC Tech Award in Performing Arts (2022) updates
- Assessment tracker tool
- Exemplar Standardisation Materials for BTEC Tech Award in Performing Arts 2022
- Recorded Getting Started event
- Support and Contact
To help teachers and students prepare for this year's Component 3 task, we have produced some guidance and support, including a recorded discussion with the Chief Examiner for C3, Helen Turner, a recorded performance and the written activities for three learners.
We hope you find these useful and inspiring.
We have published the 2021/22 national results data for Level 2 and Level 3 BTEC qualifications, showing registration and results data for three main qualification suites: Level 2 BTEC Firsts (NQF) and Level 1/2 BTEC Tech Awards and Level 3 BTEC Nationals (2016 RQF).
Funding has been withdrawn for 16+ learmers wanting to complete the BTEC Level 1 Introductory qualifications in Performing Arts (the qualifications still attract funding for 14-16 year olds).
As an alternative, you could consider the BTEC Level 1 Introductory in Vocational Studies; it contains Performing Arts specific units plus a lot of the units can be contextualised for a performing arts learner.
If you wish to discuss this with me, please get in touch using the contact details below
You can find the timetables for the externally assessed units and components for spring and summer assessments on our website