May 2023 Construction update
Welcome to your May update.
It is a busy time of year with exams, coursework submissions and standards verification. I hope that all these are going well for you and your learners. Much of the information I included in my April update is still valid and part of my May update. If you need to get in touch, please use my details below.
Here is your May 2023 update with all the latest news on our BTEC Construction qualifications.
In this update you will find:
- Key dates
- Tech Award 22 deadline extension
- Tech Award 22 Getting Started event 10 May
- Update on Component 2 video evidence requirement from September 2023
- Ofqual student guide 2023
- T level updates, including summer 2023 series and new facebook group
- Level 3 reforms
- Winter 2024 Exam timetables
- Support and Contact
|15 May 2023||First sample to Standards verification|
|16 May 2023||Extended deadline to submit marks and moderation samples for the BTEC Tech Awards 2022 internally assessed components.|
|15 June 2023||Deadline for access to script - scriptviewer for BTEC First and Nationals, January 2023 series.|
|29 June 2023||Deadline for access to script - scriptviewer for BTEC Tech Awards (2017), February 2023 series.|
|5 July 2023||Claiming deadline: for all students expecting a result following the release of May/June 2023 external examination results.
|17 August 2023||BTEC Level 3 results released to learners|
|24 August 2023||BTEC Level 2 results released to learners|
Deadline extended to 16 May
Submission Deadline for Marks and Sampled Learner Work for the May/June assessment series has been extended to 16 May 2023 without the need for an extention request.
We will be offering a free online Getting Started event for the Tech Award in Construction and the Built Environment on Wednesday 10th May, 4-6pm.
This live session will provide you with an opportunity to interact with the presenter who will take you through:
- Course at a glance– an overview of the qualification structure
- Assessment– the types and requirements along with tips for approaching these
- Grading at component and qualification levels
- Planning your programme
- the ongoing support and resources available to you
We have recently confirmed that from September 2023, the video evidence requirement for Component 2 assessment has been removed. It is however still required for this current series.
Here are some useful tips to help centres to complete the video evidence in this current series.
- ‘Buddying up’ learners and allowing them to film each other, following a dry run/ training session
- Arranging for smaller groups to be videoed at each time
- Setting up cameras at fixed stations and allowing learners to go to each station to perform one specific activity and rotate
- Using Mobile phone cameras if permitted by centre policy
- Other members of staff to help on the day such as technicians
This guide provides students with information about this year’s arrangements for qualifications regulated by Ofqual. It also explains what support is in place when taking exams and assessments.
It's relevant for a student taking any of the following qualifications in 2023:
- AS or A levels
- other general qualifications, including International Baccalaureate, core mathematics and Pre-U
- Technical Qualification (part of a T Level)
- BTEC, Cambridge Technicals and other vocational and technical qualifications (VTQs) taken alongside GCSEs and A levels
T level updates
T level summer 2023 series
T level summer 2023 series Occupational Specialism exams are currently on-going, and all papers are published under the secure tests page, where your exams officer can access them.
T level newsletter - April 2023
Exam timetables for the BTEC winter 2024 series are now available and you can access these from the link below: