T Level May 2019 Update
Welcome to our May T Levels bulletin.
We hope you were able to attend the provider network event hosted by the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education last week. If so, you would have heard our team share our plans for our TQ Provider Panels.
Each TQ will have its own individual Provider Panel that will contribute to the design, development and implementation of the TQ. The panel will be held at strategic points during the TQ lifecycle, possibly once a term. Its remit will include a review of early specification and assessment concepts, insight on centre manageability and delivery of the qualification and assessment; collaborating with us on building provider capacity for TQ delivery; and providing lifecycle feedback to ensure students experience high-quality delivery and support.
If you would like to get involved in a Provider Panel, please let us know and express your interest via our web form.
Work is currently underway to confirm the approvals criteria and process for the delivery of these qualifications. We are working together with NCFE to ensure there is alignment across all three TQs as appropriate and also to incorporate the implementation plans that are required from you by ESFA.
The approvals process will commence from the 1st September 2019 and further details will be provided in the coming months, but at this stage, we are able to confirm the three types of approval:
- Existing providers delivering associated technical qualifications at level 3 will undergo a desktop review
- Existing providers not already delivering an associated technical qualification at level 3 will undergo a centre visit
- New providers/lapsed providers will undergo the full approvals process with a centre visit
If you have any queries, relating to the above or in general, a reminder that you can contact us via the following:
- online: In the portal you can raise your query and track its progress. We will inform you once a member of our team has a reply for you. Visit the Pearson Support Portal.
- Phone: Our call centre is open Monday - Friday 8.00am - 5.00pm with a dedicated T Level phone line for 2020 providers: 0330 058 3440
Alternatively, you can email us at:
- for administration queries - email@example.com
- for teaching queries - firstname.lastname@example.org
For the best experience, we recommend you contact us via the Pearson Support Portal.
All the best,
The Pearson T Levels Team