Supporting delivery of BTEC Higher National qualifications
In light of recent announcements, we wanted to share Pearson’s response regarding the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak. Our primary focus is to ensure the safety of our employees, customers and students.
We continue to monitor the situation daily, following the guidance from local authorities and governments for those areas that are impacted, and ensure plans are in place to minimise possible business disruption. For more information, visit our dedicated webpage.
As some colleges and universities have suspended face-to-face teaching, Pearson has been looking at ways we can support our customers to continue their students’ learning during this time.
Where both students and tutors are unable to run face-to-face sessions for their BTEC Higher National programme, we want to highlight some of the resources and solutions which could help you continue course delivery.
If you have any questions regarding the resources mentioned, please contact us at email@example.com.
HN Global resources
Our HN Global platform has a wealth of online services that can support independent learning activities. Students and tutors can create an account for free by going to hnglobal.highernationals.com.
Some of the key content includes:
- relevant resources for students, such as core textbooks and reading lists, via the relevant subject page or in the Learning Zone. More key textbooks can be rented as e-books via the e-library.
- the Student Channel , which gives access to a number of videos to support students with assignment writing and developing workplace skills.
- free Short Courses - these study skills modules help students build a strong foundation for learning, and the Career Centre, where students can find a wealth of resources preparing them for their future in the workplace.
Both students and tutors can use the Forum to communicate about relevant topics and general discussion. Tutors have a dedicated area, not seen by students, where they can discuss solutions with peers from around the world.
Tutors are also supported in a number of ways across HN Global. You can:
- access the delivery materials for your qualification;
- watch assessment support videos;
- learn about a course which aims to support your professional development.
Using a blended delivery model
We currently support centres to deliver our qualifications in a more flexible way using blended delivery. This model of delivery means taking advantage of digital solutions to provide an innovative and creative educational experience to your students.
You can learn more about what blended learning is, and ways to implement, by reading our guide or watching the webinar recording.
To enable you to deliver our qualifications using blended delivery, we created HN Online. This digital solution is built around a diverse range of learning tools, including video case studies, interactive exercises and self-assessment questions. Students can access critical course content online and study at their own pace.
Ideally HN Online is used in conjunction with classroom support. However, in the current situation tutors could substitute face-to-face support with online delivery using platforms like Zoom, Skype or Microsoft Teams and use HN Online for the delivery of content aligned to learning outcomes of the specification.
HN Online is currently available for BTEC Higher Nationals in Business (view a list of units). We don’t have any other sectors available at present. (Content for Engineering will be available from September 2020).