Edexcel Awards in mathematics extended
We've extended the Edexcel Awards in mathematics so you can still teach our Awards in Algebra, Number & Measure and Statistical Methods from September 2019.
- Level 2 and Level 3 Awards in Algebra have been extended for a further 3 years until 31 August 2022.
- Level 1 and Level 2 Awards in Number & Measure for a further 3 years until 31 August 2022.
- Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 Awards in Statistical Methods for only 1 year until 31 August 2020.
Withdrawal of Statistical Methods and future developments
As you’ll see from the details above, we will be withdrawing Statistical Methods after 2020, but are currently planning to keep our Awards in Algebra and Number & Measure. We'll keep you updated on any future developments for these Awards.
About Edexcel Awards in Mathematics
One of the biggest barriers to progression within mathematics is confidence, and students’ confidence can be strengthened when there is a sense of achievement. Our Edexcel Awards focus on helping students become proficient in the mathematical processes and techniques, giving students a sense of achievement and confidence and then helping them to progress.
- Level 1 Edexcel Awards are designed to support progression for low ability students.
- Level 2 Awards will support progression from level 1, and students who should be aiming to achieve a grade 4 at GCSE.
- Level 3 Awards are designed to stretch and challenge the most able students and prepare them for GCE A level study in the subject.
Read more about the Edexcel Awards, funding and view our updated FAQs: