Pearson Edexcel GCSEs Geography B (9–1) from 2016
Training and events
Join our geography team at free events taking place across the country and online.
Geographical Association Annual Conference 2018
Our GCSE Geography workshop, delivered by Andrea Wood, focused on preparing students for the first assessment of the new specifications, with guidance on how to approach the 8 mark and 12 mark questions and understand the new mark schemes.
GCSE Geography B Mocks Marking Training
Our GCSE Geography B Mocks Marking Training will help you understand the new mark schemes and review examiner marked student exemplars with examiner commentaries.
PiXL Geography Conference 2017
Our GCSE Geography workshop focused on:
- how to manage the content requirements in the time available,
- understanding the assessment requirements including the 8 mark extended response questions.
You can download the workshop presentation, delegate booklet and examiner marked student responses below.
GCSE Geography Network Events
During 2017, our GCSE Geography A and B network events focused on:
- reviewing your initial teaching of the course and looking forward
- understanding the assessment requirements including the extended response questions
- delivering excellent fieldwork and preparing students for the new fieldwork assessment.
You can now download the network event pack, including examiner marked student responses to the sample assessment materials, below.
Free Getting Ready to Teach events
Our free GCSE Geography B Getting Ready to Teach events offered guidance on:
- strategies for planning the new courses
- teaching approaches for the specification content including new topics
- devising high-quality fieldwork and integrating GIS into teaching
- what’s changing in the GCSE assessment requirements
- approaching the new fieldwork and synoptic questions
- helping your students prepare for the new GCSE exams
Developing data skills for the new Geography specifications - 7 October 2016 (10am-4pm)
In association with the RGS (with IBG) this full-day event on 7 October 2016 is designed to support GCSE, AS and A level teachers of the new Geography (2016) specifications.
Geographical Association conference 2016
If you missed our workshop on the new Edexcel GCSE Geography specifications at the Geographical Association Conference, you can download the slides below.