Pearson Edexcel GCSEs Geography B (9–1) from 2016
Training and events
Join our geography team at free events taking place across the country and online.
Our GCSE A and B Geography workshop, delivered by Andrea Wood, will review the GCSE fieldwork requirements, explore the fieldwork assessment and the ‘unfamiliar fieldwork’ questions, reflect on sample answers to the 8-mark ‘familiar’ and ‘unfamiliar fieldwork’ questions with examiner feedback and commentaries and be able to ask questions and share good practice.
Our GCSE Geography workshop, delivered by Andrea Wood, focused on preparing students for the first assessment of the new specifications, with guidance on how to approach the 8 mark and 12 mark questions and understand the new mark schemes.
Our GCSE Geography workshop focused on:
- how to manage the content requirements in the time available,
- understanding the assessment requirements including the 8 mark extended response questions.
You can download the workshop presentation, delegate booklet and examiner marked student responses below.
During 2017, our GCSE Geography A and B network events focused on:
- reviewing your initial teaching of the course and looking forward
- understanding the assessment requirements including the extended response questions
- delivering excellent fieldwork and preparing students for the new fieldwork assessment.
You can now download the network event pack, including examiner marked student responses to the sample assessment materials, below.
Our free GCSE Geography B Getting Ready to Teach events offered guidance on:
- strategies for planning the new courses
- teaching approaches for the specification content including new topics
- devising high-quality fieldwork and integrating GIS into teaching
- what’s changing in the GCSE assessment requirements
- approaching the new fieldwork and synoptic questions
- helping your students prepare for the new GCSE exams
In association with the RGS (with IBG) this full-day event on 7 October 2016 is designed to support GCSE, AS and A level teachers of the new Geography (2016) specifications.
If you missed our workshop on the new Edexcel GCSE Geography specifications at the Geographical Association Conference, you can download the slides below.