Essential Skills Wales About Essential Skills Wales (2015)
About Essential Skills Wales (2015)
We have developed a new suite of Essential Skills Wales (ESW) qualiﬁcations for first teaching in September 2015.
From 1 January 2016, learners interested in ESW can only be registered on this new suite.
Our new suite includes:
- Essential Employability Skills – New for 2015
- Essential Digital Literacy Skills – New for 2015
- Essential Application of Number Skills
- Essential Communication Skills.
Who are they suitable for?
Our Essential Skills Wales qualifications are suitable for all learners from 14 to 19 year-olds, and older adult learners, and are available at:
- Entry Levels 1-3
- Levels 1-3.
They can be taken as stand-alone qualiﬁcations, or as a key component of other qualiﬁcations, including BTEC and apprenticeships.
Why take Essential Skills Wales?
Essential Skills Wales qualifications:
- are designed to meet a range of different needs, offering more choice and clearer progression for learners
- aim to improve the skills of young people and adults
- provide a single suite of skills standards and qualifications, suitable for all learners - both young and adult - and across all contexts
- provide a better guarantee of the skills young people need to participate and progress in education, training and employment
- develop and secure the broader range of aptitudes, attitudes and behaviours that will enable learners to make positive contributions to the communities in which they live and work
Interested in offering Essential Skills Wales?