A levels Moving to Edexcel
Moving to Edexcel
Have you started teaching A level English with another exam board but are now considering moving to Edexcel? It's easy to start teaching our specification, and you'll find all the documents you need right here.
Why move to Edexcel?
- We listened to teachers’ feedback, so our revised list of poetry for AS and A level now has fewer poems.
- A clear and easy to understand course structure.
- One genre per paper to meet pre-1900 requirements.
- Our exams are fully open-book, which is clearer for teachers and students.
- We’ve made sure our exam papers are student friendly; they’re clearly presented in sections and with logical question styles - so your students can really show what they know.
- Each AO has equal weighting, with each assessed in the appropriate question(s), meaning you can help your students to focus their response on the skill required.
- Free copy of our Shakespeare Critical Anthology: Comedy, for all students.
- Our AS and A level qualifications are co-teachable.
- We provide free face-to-face coursework marking training. Book your place.
- We also offer a coursework advisory service, which offers you the opportunity to look at student coursework and includes marks awarded and commentary.
- Each term, we run local networks which include training content. So far, we’ve looked at incorporating: other interpretations into responses at AS and A level, approaching the post-2000 poetry Anthology, and in the autumn term we’ll be covering how to select coursework texts and tasks, and teaching comparison skills.
- Our Mocks marking training pack also enables you to look at student responses to specimen papers.
Sign up to teach with us
Fill out our short Intention To Offer form so that we can keep you updated with all the latest news.
Arrange a visit from one of our English specialists
Our knowledgeable English specialists are on hand to help you get to grips with the ins and outs of our specification. If you’d like a specialist to visit your school to discuss the practical delivery of the qualification, you can arrange an appointment using the form above.
Sign up to receive updates from our English Subject Advisor
For extra information and English-related news, sign up to hear from our expert Subject Advisor Clare Haviland. Contact us if you have any questions, and you can also follow her on Twitter @PearsonTeachEng.
For your free copy of our Shakespeare Critical Anthology: Comedy, simply fill in our short form with your details and we'll post one to you.
You can also explore our range of teaching and planning resources.