Edexcel A level Arabic (2018)
Here, you'll find everything you need to prepare for A level Arabic from 2018 (first assessment from 2020) including our specification and sample assessment materials.
A rich choice of well-known popular and accessible books and films, covering contemporary and classic works which will motivate and engage your students. Themes that provide clear links to fundamental and interesting aspects of the culture of the target language country and communities.
Our content builds on the understanding developed at GCSE, enabling students to make a smooth transition to the next level of study.
- Qualification type:
- A level
- Level 3
- Accreditation status:
- Specification codes:
- UK and International
- First teaching:
- First assessment:
A-level languages 2018: What's changing
These changes will apply to all awarding organisations' specifications
- A levels will now be fully linear, with students sitting their exams at the end of the two-year course. There is no longer an AS qualification.
The new Assessment Objective around knowledge and understanding of the target language culture means students will need to demonstrate this in the Writing components.
- Compulsory themes: social issues and trends, political and/or intellectual and/or artistic culture.
- Set works (literature and film) at A level assessed through a target language essay.
- An independent research project assessed in Paper 1.
- Listening, reading and writing assessed in one question in Paper 3.
Get the latest information on our new Arabic qualification.
Support for Arabic (2018)
We'll provide support for you to plan and deliver the new A Level Arabic. Whatever guidance you're looking for, we're here to help.