New qualifications for the Dental Health Trailblazer Apprenticeship
We're proud to announce the imminent launch of the Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Dental Technology Techniques.
We've developed this qualification at the request of the Dental Health Trailblazer to provide apprentice Dental Laboratory Assistants with the underpinning knowledge, understanding and practical skills they need to perform competently in their role.
Learners will complete the following 6 units totalling 70 credits:
- Dental Technology Fundamentals
- Medical Emergencies, First Aid and Communication in the Dental Team
- Dental Anatomy, Physiology and Disease
- Basic Dental Materials Science
- Legislation, Professionalism and Ethics in Dentistry
- Work-based Learning in Dental Technology
Assessment is through coursework, portfolio of evidence and practical demonstration determined by the approved centre.
The full specification will be available on the Pearson Qualifications website shortly.