April 2016 work-based learning and colleges update: Health and Social Care sector
This month's update includes information on a new qualification and a number of withdrawals.
Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult Care Services (England)
The purpose of this new qualification is to meet the needs of Registered Managers who need to be fit for purpose in terms of Care Quality Commission(CQC) inspection requirements for services in general and the role of the Registered Manager in particular.
The Registered Manager, along with the registered provider, is legally responsible and accountable for compliance with legal requirements for the service and therefore holds a crucial role in the delivery of high quality services.
This qualification will equip learners to hold the role of Registered Manager. All Registered Managers will need to hold one of these qualifications, unless they can justify to Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspectors a different qualification route.
This qualification is appropriate for learners aged 19+. Available from January 2017, this new qualification will replace the following pathways within the current; Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services (England)
- Adults Residential Management pathway
- General Adults Management pathway.
These qualifications have been identified as having low or no take up in the last few years. Therefore, in accordance with the regulatory requirement to review and rationalise our portfolio of qualifications, we are withdrawing these qualifications:
- 600/0248/7 Level 2 Award in supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- 501/1871/7 Level 2 Certificate in supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- 600/3496/8 Level 3 Certificate in supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- 600/2998/5 Level 3 Award in awareness of dementia
- 601/1123/9 Level 5 Certificate in leading and managing services to support end of life and significant life events.