Engineering update - July 2022
An update on everything new within the Engineering and Manufacturing sector.
Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Qualifications
Please note that we are working on updates to the AME qualification suite, which will incorporate changes required by industry, principally the apprenticeship standards as they are amended by the employer groups.
These changes will affect the whole suite and include:
- Introduction of a new Machining route
- Introduction of a Robotics Pathway
- Inclusion of new Avionics pathway
- Update to General and Motorsports pathways to do with modern technologies in particular electrification and battery technology
- Amendments to Aerospace Engineering pathway units (to correct an error).
New BTEC Nationals in Engineering
Please note that the new specifications for first teaching in September 2022 are now live on the website. Please visit our BTEC Nationals landing page and/or refer to the news article on the Engineering sector page, relating to this, for more detail.