Engineering update - January 2022
An update on everything new within the Engineering and Manufacturing sector.
Healthcare Engineering Specialist Technician | New Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard Offer
We offer optional on programme qualifications to the new Level 3 Standard Healthcare Engineering Specialist Technician. This standard is for individuals who work in healthcare settings or in medical equipment manufacturers, setting up, commissioning, maintaining and replacing a variety of healthcare equipment including medical scanners, specialist operating equipment or healthcare property. See our specification that has been written in conjunction with Health England and medical equipment manufacturers to ensure that it contains relevant underpinning knowledge and basic skills to enable an individual to effectively undertake these job roles and be able to progress to EPA (End Point Assessment):
We also offer the Pearson BTEC Level 4 Diploma in Healthcare Science as an alternative to the Engineering qualification offer in which units 103-114 relating to Equipment Management and Clinical Engineering specialism may also support this standard.
As part of the Apprenticeship Offer, Pearson are also reviewing the EPA requirements and are planning to submit an application to the EPAO (endpoint assessment organisation) register shortly.
Proposal to develop new resources to support delivery of Apprenticeship Standards
We have been asked to undertake research into the level of demand for resources to support the off the job training requirement of the following Apprenticeship Standards:
- Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative
- Level 3 Improvement Practitioner
- Level 4 Improvement Technician
- Level 5 Improvement Specialist
Resources could include Schemes of Work, Lesson Plans, PowerPoint presentations and Speaker notes as well as formative assessment activities.
If you would be interested in finding out more about this proposal, please contact either your Business Development Manager or email@example.com
Independent End Point Assessors required
We are currently recruiting for Independent End Point Assessors for our Level 7 Systems Engineering Standard. For more information on the standard and the EPA requirements please see our Apprenticeship Page:
Apprenticeship Standard Qualification Development
We are currently in the process of finalising the requirements to update to our current Apprenticeship Standards qualifications for teaching from September 2022. The qualifications that we will be updating are as follows:
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge)
- Amendments to the Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering Pathways
- Potential new pathways in Robotics and Avionics Engineering
- Updates to errors identified in some units
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Machining
- Updates to reflect the changes in the new Apprenticeship Standard
- New units around new technology (I.e., Additive Manufacturing, Digital Twinning and Data Analytics)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Aerospace and Aviation Engineering
- Updates to reflect the changes in the new Aerospace Manufacturing Fitter Standard
- New units around new technology (I.e., Data Analytics, Automation, and new Propulsion Technology).