June 2014 update
This month's update looks at the 2014 Professional Standards for Teachers and Trainers in Education and Training (England) and the latest qualifications news.
Professional Standards for Teachers and Trainers in Education and Training – England
The 2014 professional standards:
- set out clear expectations of effective practice in education and training
- enable teachers and trainers to identify areas for their own professional development
- support initial teacher education
- provide a national reference point that organisations can use to support the development of their staff.
What’s in the standards?
As a professional teacher or trainer you should demonstrate commitment to the following in your professional practice:
- professional skills
- professional values and attributes
- professional knowledge and understanding.
Download the Professional Standards 2014 and the corresponding Guidance, which was developed with the support of practitioners to help teachers and trainers use the standards and apply them to the context in which they work.
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
The current suite of qualifications has been extended to 31 December 2015. Please look out for our survey to engage in the redevelopment of these qualifications.
Free resource package to support the Education and Training suite of qualifications – coming September 2015
PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS 2011 versions
We would like to remind you that the above qualifications will be withdrawn for registrations on 31 August 2014.
Pearson BTEC Award in e-responsibility for Education (601/1277/3)
This qualification will become live for registrations on 1 August 2014. It's designed for learners who work, or want to work, in the education sector. This qualification supports the recommendations within the Byron Review (2008).
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- develop knowledge related to e-safety in an educational setting
- achieve a nationally recognised level 2 qualification
- develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning.
This is a 2-unit, 5-credit qualification with 45 GLH. Learners who achieve the Level 2 Award can progress to the Level 3 Award in Education and Training (601/0685/2). This qualification is a replacement for the Pearson EDI Level 2 Award in e-Responsibility for Education.