Childcare update - August 2021
An update on everything new within the Childcare sector.
Early Years Lead Practitioner apprenticeship standard has now been approved for delivery with a funding of £8000
Early Years Lead Practitioner has three assessment methods included for the EPA:
- assessment method 1: Observation with questions
- assessment method 2: Professional discussion underpinned by a portfolio of evidence
- assessment method 3: Case study with report and presentation and questioning.
If you are likely to offer this apprenticeship standard, please contact your account manager or the portfolio manager Raman Gurnani - Email Raman Gurnani
Overview of Early Years Lead Practitioner
From 26 August, 2021 employers and training providers will need to provide a unique email address for any new apprentices being added to the apprenticeship service - For more info:
Revised Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
A revised EYFS Framework will become statutory from 1 September, 2021.
Read the Statutory framework for the early years foundation stage
We are currently working with Early Education to bring you some resources and CPD sessions on the implementation of EYFS and the associated Birth to 5 matters guidance .
The session dates and times will become available soon.
Early Education is offering discounted membership to all Pearson Centres until January 2022.
Join Early Education for CPD, resources and updates for your early years' lecturers and students.
Benefits of membership include:
- new free access to videos about the 2021 EYFS reforms
- free or discounted entry to our local branch CPD events
- discounted rates for our webinars, conferences and events
- forrtnightly email briefings, which provide summaries and analysis of announcements affecting early childhood education practice and provision, including updates on our campaigns
- 20% discounts on most of publications
- our inspiring Early Education Journal published three times a year in the Autumn, Spring and Summer terms
- pedagogical pages for information, research and links to important pedagogical issues and principles in the early years
- free job vacancies listings on our jobs board (group and multi-site members)
- universities and colleges with group membership can claim free student membership for full-time registered students on relevant courses as part of the group membership package.
Why join Early Education?
The Education and Training Foundation’s Early Years Professional Exchanges: final report 2017/18 recommended joining Early Education as single point of contact for latest policy and other updates relevant to the early years sector.
Read the Early Years Professional Exchanges final report 2017/18
Individual membership is available from £10 per term or £15 per year for students/concessions.
Group membership is available to colleges. Normally this would be from £150 per organisation, but we are offering 50% off for Pearson centres – obtain this by taking out membership via Early Education and using the discount code at the checkout. The code will be valid for any memberships taken out until January 2022. Please contact your account manager for the discount code.