Edexcel GCSE Music: May 2021 update
Read the latest news for Edexcel GCSE Music. This will include the latest information for summer 2021.
The portal for submitting the Teacher Assessed Grades has now become available to view and will be opening for submissions from 26 May.
Submission of evidence at stage 3
Ofqual have confirmed that exam boards will review all grades as part of their quality assurance processes. The grades will also be an important factor that exam boards use to target their review of centre judgements.
Once the grades are received, every centre will be asked to provide samples of student work.
Exam boards will request at least the following evidence:
- One A level subject (at least five students)
- Two GCSE subjects, one of which is likely to be either English language or maths (at least five students for each).
Centres that offer only A levels or only GCSEs will be asked to submit only work for those qualifications.
Students who receive a teacher assessed grade this summer will be eligible to take GCSE, AS or A level exams in the same subject in autumn 2021.
Ofqual has also decided that:
- Exam boards will have to offer exams in all GCSE and A level subjects and AS exams in biology, chemistry, further maths, maths and physics; exam boards will be able to offer AS exams in other subjects if they wish.
- Exams will be in their normal format, with no adaptations made.
- Grades will be determined by a student’s performance in an exam for all subjects, except for art and design qualifications.
- AS and A level exams will be held in October, while GCSE exams will take place in November and December.
Ofqual have published a consultation on arrangements for non-exam assessment (NEA) in certain subjects and fieldwork requirements for students entering GCSE, AS and A level qualifications in 2022. The consultation closes on 28 May 2021.