GCSE English Language 2.0
Our new specification for GCSE (9-1) English Language is designed to engage and motivate students through a choice of contemporary texts that reflect the diversity of our learners, and skills-based writing tasks.
After listening to feedback from the English teaching community in 2020, we recognised that a ‘one-size fits all’ approach to English Language doesn’t equally suit the needs, interests and progression of all students.
We consulted with English Language teachers in developing a new GCSE, which will motivate and engage students to equip themselves with lifelong skills and enable progression to further academic or vocational study and employment.
Our newly accredited Pearson Edexcel GCSE (9-1) English Language 2.0 for first teaching in 2021, provides:
- An engaging choice of contemporary texts and writing tasks to motivate students following a less literary pathway through their English studies
- Real-world, applicable content providing a strong foundation for further academic or vocational pathways
- Equally weighted papers of 80 marks (50%) each
- A functional 19th century non-fiction text element requiring no co-teaching of literature
- A fresh, new English Language course to motivate students required to re-sit
We’ll also be providing a full range of support to help you get started and deliver the qualification with confidence.