New networks and training for English A levels (2015 specifications)
This update provides details of a range of network and training events to support the delivery of our 3 Edexcel English A levels (2015 specifications).
The last AS 2015 exam is on 8 June 2016. After that, you may want to turn your attention to the second year of delivery. We have 4 types of support planned for you in the immediate future, 3 of which can be booked now.
Free summer A level networks (face to face and online)
In June and July we’re offering our free termly A level networks.
View the agendas, search dates and book
AS exam feedback events (online, paid-for)
In October, you can book onto exam feedback events which will allow you to:
- get feedback on the national performance of candidates on the relevant component of the May 2016 examination series
- consider the variation of candidates' performance on different questions and possible reasons why
- discuss the Examiner's Report
- address common issues and FAQs.
AS and A level exam unit marking training (paid-for face to face, and free podcasts)
In October and November, we will be offering marking training on the examined units of each of the 2015 AS and A level units. We'll also offer free podcast versions of this training.
Free coursework standardisation training (face to face)
This training, to be held in February 2017, will allow you to:
- explore the coursework assessment criteria
- look at examples of marked student coursework
- carry out some marking on exemplar materials
- address common issues and frequently asked questions.
Don't forget that you need 'training user' ticked (by your exams officer) in your Edexcel Online profile in order to be able to book training with your Edexcel Online login. If you don't have an account, follow the prompts to complete a booking form. If you don't have a centre number, email email@example.com with the details of the event (including course code) and your full details.
I hope you find time to attend and make use of this valuable support.