We are continuing to offer the 2017 version of the qualification, which will be extended to 2026. However, this will only be available off performance measures.
May 2022 Engineering update
Welcome to your May 2022 subject update.
In this update,
- Reminder on BTEC assessment mitigations in 2021-2022
- BTEC Level 1/2 in Engineering options from September 2022
- BTEC Briefing events for Engineering
- BTEC DE&I survey
- BTEC Awards 2022
- Pearson response to DfE provisional list of qualifications to have 16-19 funding withdrawn, which overlap with waves 1 and 2 T Levels
- Latest VQ bulletin
Reminder on BTEC assessment mitigations in 2021-2022
The assessment adaptations that was confimed for BTEC L1-3 qualifications are valid until 31 August 2022. The link below, takes you to the Teaching, Learning and Assessment adaptations in 2021/2022, which inludes all the adaptations and guidance around these.
BTEC Level 1/2 in Engineering options from September 2022
As you are aware, the redeveloped Pearson BTEC Tech Award in Engineering (2022) has not been confirmed on the 2024 performance tables by the DfE and therefore we have withdrawn this qualification.
There are 2 options from September 2022 (both off measures).
BTEC Briefing events for Engineering
Two customer briefing events for BTEC Engineering qualifications have been scheduled. One for schools and one for FE colleges and 6th Forms. See below and book accordingly.
In these events:
- Live networking sessions provide you with an opportunity to:
- Ask questions about our revised offer at Level 1/2.
- Discuss the current DfE consultation taking place around future provision at Level 3.
- Discuss any issues that you currently face.
- Exchange best practice with the sector team facilitating the session.
- Learn more about our existing resources which support external assessment and mock exams.
Events are from 16:00 - 17:00 on the dates below.
Survey on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in BTEC qualifications
At Pearson, we are committed to ensuring that equity, diversity, and inclusion are embedded into
everything we do. Our qualifications and assessments should reflect the wide diversity of our learners.
This survey focuses on the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion implications for how you teach and assess particular BTEC qualifications, understand how you implement adjustments, and identify any areas where Pearson need to make changes to help ensure all learners have equitable opportunities to access our qualifications, assessments, related products and services.
Please consider these questions from all aspects of the Equality Act (2010)'s protected characteristics: age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We would appreciate your feedback by Friday 1st July 2022.
BTEC Awards 2022
The BTEC Awards, in its 12th year, is an annual event that recognises and celebrates the hard work and dedication of BTEC learners, educators and providers from all around the globe. With the last two years being an online stream, we are beyond pleased to announce that the 2022 BTEC Awards will be hosted as a face-to-face event in London in June 2022.
Pearson response to DfE provisional list of qualifications to have 16-19 funding withdrawn, which overlap with waves 1 and 2 T Levels
On 11 May 2022, the DfE published the provisional list of qualifications that will no longer be funded from academic year 2024/2025 for 16-19 learners in England. Of the 160 qualifications identified, 41 are Pearson qualifications.
Latest VQ bulletin - Issue 43
This latest edition of the VQ Bulletin includes information on the following topics:
- BTEC – Ensuring your learners receive their results in 2022
- Reminder - Hot topics – Conducting examinations for BTEC
- Reminder - BTEC - Confirming completion dates
- Reminder - BTEC Summer 2022 series - Submission Method
- BTEC - Quality Assurance for BTEC Tech Awards (2022)
- Supporting BTEC Level 3 2021 alumni’s HE applications
- BTEC – Support
- TQ Update – T Levels
- HN Update
- WBL Update
- End-Point Assessment