Free Getting Ready to Teach events for AS and A level Sciences 2015
To help you prepare for teaching our new AS and A level qualifications, we're running free Getting Ready to Teach events this spring.
What's happening at these events?
At these free online and face-to-face events, our experts will look at how the new courses can be delivered in the classroom and guide you through:
- the structure, content and assessment of our new specifications
- potential teaching strategies, including co-teaching AS and A level
- the new approach to practical assessment, including the Practical Endorsement
- the full range of tools and resources we've designed to help you and your students.
You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to network with fellow teaching professionals, share best practice and get your questions answered by our science team. What’s more, attending these events can count towards your CPD hours too!
Find the event for you!
To join us at one of our free events, simply follow these easy steps:
- Visit our training page
- Select 'A level' from the qualification box
- Choose whether you'd like to attend a Biology, Chemistry or Physics event.
- Book your place online or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't forget: if you're planning to teach our new AS and A level Sciences in September, let us know!
Workshops with the University of York Science Education Group
The University of York Science Education Group are also running several events to support teachers delivering the new AS and A level Physics using the Salters Horners context-led approach and materials.
Two-day residential workshop, for teachers and technicians coming new (or fairly new) to SHAP
Monday 8 - Tuesday 9 June: University of York
One-day update courses on the new spec and practical requirements, for teachers already familiar with SHAP
Tuesday 2 June: London
Thursday 11 June: York
Tuesday 16 June: Bristol
For further details, and to book a place, visit the Salters Horners Advanced Physics website.