T Level April 2021 Update
Welcome to your April E-Bulletin
Summer 2021 Assessment
We have been communicating to 2020 Providers with regards to the summer 2021 adaptations for the Core Component assessment.
As you know, the DfE have confirmed T Level students will have the option to receive a Teacher Assessed Grade (TAG) for the Core Component this summer. All our communications can be found in the Archive on our Provider webpage.
We also have a dedicated T Levels TAG Guidance for Summer 2021 webpage, which provides you with further detail on the approach for the TAG process, the QA process, and the key dates. Plus, our Provider FAQs.
Support materials will be available by Friday 16th April, these will include the following:
- Specimen Assessment Materials*
- Core component exams:
- A range of Topic Tests and Mark Schemes
- Grade Description supported by Performance Indicators at A,C & E grade
- Core Component ESP:
- Additional Employer Set Project assessment (web release) with guidance
- Expanded mark-schemes with Lead Examiner comentry
- Grade Descriptors supported by Performance Indicators at grades A, C and E grade
- Guidance on grading
- Worked examples of grading
*please note: our SAMs and AdSAMs have recently undergone some minor amendments, therefore please ensure you are using the most up to date versions.
These will be located on our Course Materials webpages found here:
Wave 1 T Level Contracts - Construction and Digital
Please note the standard and late registration window are now closed. The very late registration window started on the 24 December 2020. Every student must be registered onto the Technical Qualification they are undertaking.
Student entry for the Core Component assessment for the summer 2021 series opened on the 1 January 2021 and closed on the 21 February. Late entries started on the 22 February and will close on the 16 May. Very late entries will start the day after the late entry closes. A support video on how to make entries is available via the Engagement Hub.
*Please note – If you intend for a student to receive a result this summer (2021) they must be entered for the Core Component assessment.
During the summer term we will offer a range of training events to support those of you who are planning delivery from September 2021. This includes:
- Getting to Know the Specification
- Getting Started
We will also be running events to support assessment of the Core Component and Occupational Specialism/s.
Get to know the specification
- Dates for late June/July will be confirmed by the end of April
Getting ready to assess
- Core Exam: 28 June 2021, 10:00-11:30
- Employer Set Project: 29 June 2021, 10:00-11:30
- Occupational Specialisms 30 June 2021, 10:00-11:30
Getting to know the specification
- Planning the programme Part A: 8 June 2021, 16:00-18:00
- Getting to know the core content Part B: 9 June 2021, 16:00-18:00
- Getting to know the occupational specialism Part C: 10 June 2021, 16:00-18:00
- Planning for external assessments Part D: 11 June 2021, 16:00- 18:00
Getting ready to assess
These half termly Q&A sessions with the Sector Manager and Subject Advisor will give you the opportunity to ask questions, discuss with other tutors your experience with delivering the T Level and share good practice. Details and weblinks to register onto our networking events are below.
For Providers commencing delivery in September 2021 the approval window opened on the 1 April and will close on the 31 July 2021. You must gain approval for each Technical Qualification you wish to deliver. To support you, a short Provider Approval video can be found in our Engagement Hub. Please watch this first before starting your application process.
All the supporting documents and approval forms can be found in the Course Materials tab, this includes.
- A Guide to Provider Approval
- Guidance Document Pearson Vocational Provider Approval Application for T Level Technical Qualifications
- Pearson T Level Technical Qualification Delivery Approval Application Form
- Pearson Vocational Provider Approval Application for T Level Technical Qualifications
We will be publishing the fees for 2021/22 and Fees FAQs on our Course Materials page under Provider Support and Admin, on the 30 April:
Wave 3 T Level Contracts - Accounting and Finance
Development on both the T Level in Accounting and the T Level in Finance continues. We submitted draft materials to the Institute and Ofqual at the end of March as part of milestone four, at the moment we are waiting for feedback on these.
All the best,
The Pearson T Levels Team