T Level June 2021 Update
Welcome to your June E-Bulletin.
Summer 2021 Assessment
We have been communicating to 2020 Providers with regards to the summer 2021 adaptations for the Core Component assessment. As you know, the DfE have confirmed T Level students will have the option to receive a Teacher Assessed Grade (TAG) for the Core Component this summer. View the Summer 2021 adaptions and T Levels TAG Guidance for Summer 2021 webpage.
Wave 1 T Level Contracts - Construction and Digital
For those of you planning delivery for September 2021 we recently delivered Getting to Know the specification events for both Construction and Digital. These will now be followed by:
- Getting Started
- Getting Ready to Assess
- Planning the programme Part A: 21 June 2021, 10:00-12:00
- Getting to know the core content Part B: 22 June 2021, 10:00-12:00 10/06/2021
- Getting to know the occupational specialism Part C: 23 June 2021, 10:00-12:00
- Planning for external assessments Part D: 24 June 2021, 10:00- 12:00
Getting ready to assess
- Core Exam: 28 June 2021, 10:00-11:30
- Employer Set Project: 29 June 2021, 10:00-11:30
- Occupational Specialisms 30 June 2021, 10:00-11:30
- Getting to know the core content Part B: 9 June 2021, 16:00-18:00
- Getting to know the occupational specialism Part C: 10 June 2021, 16:00-18:00
- Planning for external assessments Part D: 11 June 2021, 16:00- 18:00
Getting ready to assess
These half termly Q&A sessions with the Sector Manager and Subject Advisor will give you the opportunity to ask questions, discuss with other tutors your experience with delivering the T Level and share good practice. Details and weblinks to register onto our networking events are below.
Wave 3 T Level Contracts - Accounting and Finance
We are approaching our final approval milestone for the Accounting and Finance Technical Qualification developments. We are currently finalising specifications and content and undertaking a consultation and validation activity to support our final approval milestone. We are seeking your input and here is how you can help.
You will find the draft materials for each qualification; they have been separated into sections for your ease in the following way:
- Core Assessments (for both the T Level in Finance and T Level in Accounting)
- Pathways - Occupational Specialism.
Each qualification has an Occupational Specialism that students follow. Finance has 4 options and Accounting has only one. We would ask that you review the draft materials. There is also a survey to complete, this will capture your feedback and validation of various aspects of the qualification. Your input is invaluable to us and will help inform what the final materials look like as we update the draft materials between now and the final approval milestone.
The Key Dates Schedules covering 2021-2023 will be made available in July on the Provider administration page of the Course Materials tab. Please note, some of the dates will be provisional at the time of publication.
For Providers commencing delivery in September 2021 the approval window opened on the 1 April and will close on the 31 July 2021. You must gain approval for each Technical Qualification you wish to deliver.
To support you, a short Provider Approval video can be found in our Engagement Hub. Please watch this first before starting your application process.
- Construction Engagement Hub
- Digital Engagement Hub
All the supporting documents and approval forms can be found in the Course Materials tab, this includes.
- A Guide to Provider Approval
- Guidance Document Pearson Vocational Provider Approval Application for T Level Technical Qualifications
- Pearson T Level Technical Qualification Delivery Approval Application Form
- Pearson Vocational Provider Approval Application for T Level Technical Qualifications
For those commencing delivery in September 2021 do not forget to take advantage of the support available to you, tutors and Exams Officers.
- Introduce T Levels to your team with this short webcast
- Our training events and Q&A Networks are listed above
- The COURSE MATERIALS tab for each TQ has teaching, learning and assessment materials; plus, administration materials
- The ENGAGEMENT HUB for each TQ has our training archive, plus several short support videos on administration processes for T Levels including Assessment, results and resits, How to make a registration, How to make an entry, How to manage learner details
At the end of June, the ESFA are hosting Provider events for all T Levels. These events are aimed at those preparing to deliver T Levels in the next few years. They are aimed at tutors and subject practitioners who will be responsible to delivering the Technical Qualification and will be of particular interest to those planning for delivery commencing in September 2021 or 2022. For more information and to book onto the events please see below.
- Construction, Engineering and Manufacturing - 22 June 2021
- Education & Childcare and Health & Science - 23 June 2021
- Digital, Finance & Accounting, Business & Administration - 24 June 2021
Pearson are not responsible for the Industry Placement, but we liaise with the Institiute and raise any concerns you advise us on.
The Institute have advised that the National Apprenticeship Service (NAS) have offered additional support via their Further Education contract manager, NAS are endeavouring to work on interventions to support Providers to find employers to offer suitable placements.
Here is some guidance for future enquiries on Industry Placements:
- You should speak to your Further Education Contract Manager within the college.
- The Association of Colleges has relationship managers for the contract Providers can contact.
NAS are aware of the ongoing difficulties and continue to hope the roadmap will give confidence back to employers in the future. They are also looking at ways they can work with Providers directly to engage with local intermediaries/employers maximise use of social media and give examples of how employers can offer placements.
Do not forget, if you need to contact us about T Levels you can do so by the following.
The Pearson Support Portal is an online tool you can use to raise your query and track its progress. We'll inform you once a member of the team has a reply for you.
All the best,
The Pearson T Levels Team