New qualifications in Healthcare Science
Learn more about the 2 new Healthcare Science qualifications that we've just launched.
|601/5721/5||Pearson BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Healthcare Science|
|601/5722/7||Pearson BTEC Level 4 Certificate in Healthcare Science
These qualifications have been developed as a result of the Modernising Scientific Careers project established by the Department of Health to ensure that the healthcare science workforce will be fit to respond to future scientific and technological advances.
Both qualifications are ideal for people who are new to roles in Healthcare Science, or for those who are aiming for a career in Healthcare Science.
Pearson BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Healthcare Science
Aimed at Healthcare Science Assistants, this is a work-based qualification that combines competence and technical knowledge to give learners the practical competencies, technical skills and sector-related knowledge they need to be able to carry out their job effectively. Learners will complete the following 5 units totalling 15 credits:
- Healthcare Science Services
- Employee Rights, Responsibilities and Personal Development in Healthcare Science Working in Partnership in Healthcare Science
- Working in Partnership in Healthcare Science
- Investigating, Treating and Managing Human Disease and Disorder
- Working Safely in the Healthcare Science Environment.
Pearson BTEC Level 4 Certificate in Healthcare Science
This is a BTEC Professional qualification aimed at Healthcare Science Associates. Learners will complete the following 5 units totalling 15 credits:
- Using the Scientific Method in Healthcare Science Research
- Roles and Responsibilities in Healthcare Science
- Partnership Working in Healthcare Science
- Safety, Security and Wellbeing in the Healthcare Science Environment
- Investigating, Treating and Managing Human Disease and Disorders.
Both qualifications are assessed internally through centre-devised assessments.
The new qualifications have been well received by the NHS, which is promoting them on the NHS Careers and NHS Employers website.
If you're a Pearson centres approved to deliver the Healthcare Support suite (Clinical Healthcare Support, Healthcare Support Services, Emergency Care Assistance, Maternity and Paediatric Support, Perioperative Support, Allied Health Profession Support and Pathology Support) and the Science NVQs (Laboratory Science and Laboratory and Associated Technical Activities), you may apply for approval for the new Healthcare Science qualifications.
For more information, please contact us.