Latest updates about Edexcel International GCSEs from 2016 and 2017
Your very useful feedback from our recent consultations highlighted that Edexcel International GCSE qualifications are valued by teachers and learners world-wide.
Consultations with teachers, higher education representatives, subject expert groups and other key stakeholders helped us to gather valuable feedback and insight into our qualification suite. Feedback highlights indicated that you:
- would prefer occasional smaller-scale updates to the qualification suite, rather than large scale changes
- feel there's a real need for more internationally relevant content
- would like a grading scale that provide learners with the best progression pathways to A levels, International A Levels and university.
We've taken the time to seriously consider every participant's feedback. After carefully analysing your contributions, we're making several leading-edge updates to our Edexcel International GCSE qualifications suite. You can read about these below - we're sure you'll appreciate the innovative new changes.
Edexcel International GCSE qualifications updated
We're keeping the best elements of the current Edexcel International GCSE qualifications - those you value the most. We also plan to introduce some exciting new concepts:
- for international students: more extensive international content will ensure that our qualifications are even more relevant for students world-wide
- greater differentiation of learners across the full grading scale: we're introducing the 9-1 grading scale for the updated qualification suite, ensuring that it aligns more closely with the new scale for GCSEs in England
- more comprehensive support and resources: we'll provide educators with a wider range of teaching and learning materials, resources and training to support the best possible learner outcomes
- structured and supported transition: we're introducing the full suite of updated Edexcel International GCSEs in 2017. We're dedicated to providing teaching teams with a structured, well-paced transition to the refreshed specifications.
What does this mean for UK Independent centres?
First subjects chosen for summer 2018 assessment
We'll help UK Independent centres stay up to date with the latest assessment news. The five specifications for English and Maths listed below are the first to be assessed in summer 2018:
- English Literature
- English Language A
- English Language B
- Mathematics A
- Mathematics B.
All other qualifications will be first assessed in summer 2019. Remember to check our site for the latest updates on assessment dates for all subjects.