Engaging disaffected learners with Maths and English: professional development courses
We are running one day professional development courses for tutors and providers in FE Colleges and PTPs who are focused on engaging disaffected learners with maths and English at Level 1 and 2.
The content of the course is:
- designed by behavioural expert Susan Wallace, Emeritus Professor of Education at Nottingham Trent University
- delivered by practitioners with over 25 years' experience in FE working as lecturers in English up to level 2.
During the course, delegates will:
- discuss possible causes of disengagement and how best to address them
- formulate a range of practical strategies and learn how to effectively apply them
- have the opportunity to network and share best practice.
After the course, attendees will be confident to deliver impactful teaching that equips students to progress according to their potential and aspirations.
How to book a place
- Select a qualification - in this case Functional Skills
- Select a subject - in this case either Mathematics or English
- Choose a course - in this case Engaging Disaffected Learners with English in FE/Work-based Learning
- Select Book Now