Update on sport qualifications and DfEs 16-19 Performance Measure lists for England (2018 results)
The Department for Education (DfE) has now released its final list of Applied General and Tech Level qualifications for 2018 results in England.
Two qualifications were confirmed on the final Lists:
- Extended Certificate in Sport - Applied General
- Foundation Diploma in Sport - Applied General
However, the following qualifications were not included on either List:
- Diploma in Fitness Services
- Diploma in Sport Performance and Coaching
- Extended Diploma in Sport Development and Coaching
The qualifications which were included will:
- count towards post-16 performance measures in England for summer 2018 results
- be eligible for post-19 funding in England from September 2016.
The last registration date for all BTEC Nationals (2010) is 31 December 2017, so you can continue your current qualifications for one more year. (Please note, these qualification are not included on 16-19 performance measures for 2018.)
Both the Diploma in Sport (2010) and Extended Diploma in Sport (2010) are funded for 16- to 18-year-old learners. The Extended Diploma is also eligible for for 19-23 entitlement funding, and we are clarifying the situation with the Skills Funding Agency for the Diploma qualification.
We plan to offer, for first teaching in September 2017, three new qualifications designed to Applied General principles:
- Certificate (180 GLH)
- Diploma (720 GLH)
- Extended Diploma (1080 GLH)
We expect to publish specification for these qualifications in August 2016.