Improvements to BTEC L3 Nationals in Sport and Exercise Science
Find out about the improvements we've made to the BTEC L3 Nationals in Sport and Exercise Science.
Good news - we've updated all of our BTEC L3 Nationals Sport and Exercise Science specifications following the recent DfE approval of the Extended Certificate and Foundation Diploma.
These changes include some improvements to the synoptic unit at the request of the DfE, but no changes to the assessment criteria or content. There is a helpful table with a summary of changes at the beginning of the specification documents.
Take a look at each of the updated specifications:
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Sport and Exercise Science (603/0444/3)
- BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science (603/0443/1)
- BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science (601/7421/3)
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science (601/7422/5)
Changes to some synoptic units
We’d like to draw your attention to the Extended Certificate and Foundation Diploma sizes which now have amended synoptic units.
They have been changed to:
- Extended Certificate - synoptic unit 6: Coaching for Performance and Fitness
- Foundation Diploma - synoptic unit 6: Coaching for Performance and Fitness
Please note there have been no changes to content or assessment criteria. We recommend that the synoptic unit is delivered towards the end of your course.
Improvements to assessment
We’d like to remind you that in June we released news about some improvements to assessment for Units 3 and 13. These changes require some changes in how you prepare your learners for assessment for 2019 onwards.