Updated: DfE publishes qualifications for 16-19 performance tables (England) 2016
An updated list of qualifications to be included in 16-19 performance tables for England from 2016 is now available. Read our summary and FAQs here.
Following the December 2013 publication of the qualifications included in the 2016 Schools and Colleges Reporting Tables for 16-19 learners in England, the Department for Education (DfE) has now published updated Tech Level and Applied General lists, which include titles previously listed as 'pending'.
Pearson qualifications on the 16-19 Reporting Tables (England)
We can confirm that the DfE has accepted all the Pearson qualifications previously listed as 'pending' and they are now included in the updated lists.
We are delighted to see over 100 of our well-established Pearson BTEC and NVQ qualifications across both lists. This endorses BTEC’s position as the leading high-quality vocational qualifications suite and ensures that BTEC learners’ progression from levels 1-3 will be recognised in headline performance measures from 2016.
You can find more information about the new Schools and Colleges Reporting Tables for 16-19 learners in England below.
Tech Level qualifications
Tech Level qualifications are level 3 (advanced) qualifications for students wanting to specialise in a technical occupation or occupational group.
These qualifications will:
- support progression into recognised occupations, such as engineering, IT, accounting or professional cookery
- be recognised by a relevant trade or professional body, or by at least five employers registered with Companies House that are representative of the relevant industry sector or occupation.
Many higher education institutions have also given their support for Tech Level qualifications.
Applied General qualifications
Applied General qualifications are level 3 (advanced) qualifications which provide broad study of a vocational area.
These qualifications will be:
- recognised by at least three Higher Education Institutions as fulfilling entry requirements to a range of HE courses, either in their own right or alongside other level 3 qualifications
- supported by a range of employers and professional or trade bodies.
- Pearson qualifications on the Applied General list.
- Applied General list – all qualifications (DfE website).
- Read our updated FAQs.