Changes to funding for 19 learners in England, for BTEC Children's Care, Learning and Development (NQF)
Unfortunately, the following BTECs in Children’s Care, Learning and Development (NQF) will no longer be eligible for funding for 19+ learners in England.
- Pearson Level 2 BTEC First Diploma in Children's Care, Learning and Development (100/6244/0)
- Pearson Level 3 BTEC National Certificate in Children's Care, Learning and Development (500/1813/9)
- Pearson Level 3 BTEC National Diploma in Children's Care, Learning and Development (500/1812/7)
Extension to the current qualifications
We've extended the qualifications listed above to 31 December 2012 so you can register learners on them next year. If you intend to do so, please ensure you register them on the most appropriate qualification size before 31 December 2012, as it will not be possible to top up to a larger qualification after that date.
Changes to the funding for the qualifications for post-19 learners
The BTEC Children's Care, Learning and Development (NQF) qualifications listed above have been eligible for 19+ Adult Learner Responsive (ALR) funding on the Learning Aims Reference Application (LARA) for 2010/11 in England. Unfortunately, funding for learners aged 19+ is no longer available to centres in England. As you may be aware, the Skills Funding Agency does not fund qualifications for post-19 learners in England on the NQF.
Qualifications eligible for 19+ funding
The Children’s Workforce Development Council (CWDC), part of Skills for Carenand Development, the Sector Skills Council (SSC) for this sector, has said that the QCF qualifications for the Children’s and Young People’s Workforce, which confers occupational competence, are available for 19+ funding in England, including:
- Edexcel Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce (50099401)
- Edexcel Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce (50095043).