New professional development course for BTEC Higher National tutors
The Introduction to Teaching and Learning for RQF Higher Nationals course gives an overview of the underlying theories and principles that support BTEC Higher National (RQF) qualifications.
Whether you're new to delivering our qualifications, or an experienced tutor, we have designed this online course to help you develop professionally, focusing on your teaching and learning practice.
What topics will you cover?
The course explores different aspects of programme design, delivery and assessment. You will learn about:
- Student-centred teaching and learning
- Types of assignments, the relationship between assignment and assessment, and ensuring that assignments are ‘fit for purpose’
- Mastery Model of Assessment and differences between grading & marking for BTEC Higher Nationals (RQF)
- Developing good assignments, including vocational context and linking with industry
- Assignment writing
- The purpose and operation of Internal Verification
- Providing feedback on assessment.
This course was designed as an online resource, allowing you the flexibility to complete the learning at your own pace and in a place convenient to you.
How to access the course?
As an individual you can purchase a licence to access the course at hepd.pearson.com. Please follow the steps to set up an account, before completing the purchase via PayPal. Single licence to access this course can be purchased for £56 (incl. VAT).
Discounts are available to centres wishing to purchase multiple licences. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.