Congratulations to all Level 2 BTEC students receiving results today
August 24 2023, London: Today, just over 225,000 Level 2 BTEC results are being delivered to students in England. They will move on to the next step in their education or career path, often heading towards key industries that suffer from a shortage of skilled workers. Every person eligible for a result has received theirs today - this is where Pearson has all the information needed to award an overall qualification grade.
BTEC Level 2 students, the majority of whom are aged 14-16 and taking them in a school setting, are awarded grades ranging from a ‘Distinction*’ to a ‘Pass’. Level 2 BTECs are also taken by post-16 students who either move straight into work or progress into further learning or apprenticeships.
This year, in England, around:
- 44,000 learners will have completed a Level 2 BTEC in Health and Social Care
- 35,000 in Business and Management
- 22,000 in ICT
- 10,000 in Engineering
- 3,500 in Construction
BTECs are future-focused and globally recognised qualifications that equip students of all ages with the knowledge, skills, behaviours, and confidence to succeed in a modern, skills-based economy. They are developed hand-in glove with employers. One in five UK working age adults have one or more BTECs, and more than 6 million BTEC qualifications have been awarded in the last decade.
Freya Thomas Monk, Managing Director, Vocational Qualifications & Training at Pearson, said:
“Many congratulations to all Level 2 BTEC students who received their results today. The combination of traditional academic learning with vocational and transferable skills allows young people to discover and prepare for the possibilities that will be opened up as the careers of the future evolve. Whatever their next step, whether into further education or an apprenticeship, they take with them relevant skills, experience and a qualification that is recognised around the world.
“Like all awarding organisations, Pearson's partnership with thousands of schools and colleges is essential to our ability to award grades. Thank you to all those we work with every year – we are grateful for your support, feedback and unwavering commitment to your students.”
As in every year, some Level 2 BTEC students expecting a grade today may be currently ineligible for one, as we have not received all the information needed from their schools or colleges. The schools and colleges involved are aware of the situation and we continue to work closely with them to resolve this.
If you are a student
- If you are a student looking for an update on your situation, please contact your school or college in the first instance, as they have this information.
- For students looking for further advice or support, please contact us on 0345 618 0440 (from 9.00am - 5:00pm), DM us via @PearsonBTECAppr on social media (from 8am to 10pm), or via our online portal for further support.
If you are a school or college
- If you have queries, please call us on 0344 463 2535 and we will work with you to resolve any queries as fast as we can. We are already in direct contact with all centres with ineligible results.