Teaching Support Essential Digital Skills Qualifications
About Entry Level
Essential Digital Skills qualifications (EDSQs) will be available later this year and will be automatically funded for adults who don’t have the basic digital skills they need for life and work.
Entry Level - designed for adults with no or little prior experience of using digital devices or the internet.
- 45 GLH | 50 TQT
Assessment at Entry Level
- Task based assessment
- Question paper
- Observation with the learner.
First teaching is in September 2020 (subject to Ofqual approval).
We'll be providing online webinars, designed to help you understand the specification and assessment process better. Updates on this to follow.
These are an important pre-requisite of skills that learners need to have prior to starting EDSQ:
- Turning on a device (including entering and updating any account information safely, such as a password)
- Using the available controls on a device (such as a mouse and keyboard for a computer, or touchscreen on a smartphone or tablet)
- Making use of accessibility tools (including assistive technology) to make devices easier to use (such as changing display settings to make content easier to read)
- Interacting with the home screen on a device
- Connecting to the internet (including Wi-Fi) safely and securely, and opening a browser
- Opening and accessing an application on a device.