Edexcel GCSE Design and Technology (9-1) from 2017
Supporting design and technology teaching for 2017
In the many conversations we’ve had with teachers and the design and technology subject community, you’ve highlighted some key concerns about the new GCSE qualification that will affect the teaching of design and technology from 2017.
- the combining of all material areas into a single design and technology qualification
- teaching all the new core content
- support for teaching the new maths and science content.
We’ve listened to this feedback and have developed our new specification to reflect the demands of a truly modern society, whilst still providing clear routes for specialism in the material areas your students enjoy.
Free class set of Student Books for schools and colleges choosing Pearson for Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Design and Technology 2017
We know the changes to the new design and technology specification may be challenging, so to help you in the classroom, we’ll provide a free class set of our Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Design and Technology Student Books* worth £630 (terms and conditions apply).
With a range of features designed to support the new GCSE qualification, the Student Book will help teachers and students to feel confident with the breadth of content and skills required in the new design and technology specification including:
- full coverage of the entire specification, with support for the core content and each of the material specialisms
- supporting the teaching of non-examined assessment with exemplar work and hints and tips on how to get it right
- helping students to build practical skills and apply knowledge with ‘Apply it’ and ‘Checkpoint’ features
- 'Maths in Practice' features, supporting learners through the understanding and application of the necessary maths skills
- helping students to prepare for the new exams, with dedicated exam preparation sections at the end of each topic with lots of practice and guidance throughout.
Further free support for the new content requirements include:
- Getting Ready to Teach events
- Course Planner
- Editable Schemes of Work
- Getting Started Guide
- Guidance on teaching the new maths and science content
- Coursework Marking Training
- Exemplars and specimen papers to help you track student progress
- Progression Map and Scale.
These support documents will shortly be available on our Course Materials page.
Get set for teaching Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Design and Technology
Let us know you’ll be teaching our new Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Design and Technology 2017 specification.
Please complete the Intention to Offer (ITO) form confirming you will be teaching our new GCSE (9-1) Design and Technology qualification from 2017. By completing this form you are also agreeing to receive the free Student Books* worth £630.
Please be aware that if no entries are made for the 2019 assessments you will be charged for the Student Books. For full details of this offer please read the terms and conditions.
Only centres that commit to making GCSE (9-1) Design and Technology entries with Edexcel in 2019 will be eligible to receive the free class set of Student Books. Please read the terms and conditions.
*UK establishments only. Please read our full terms and conditions. No paid-for products and services are required to deliver Pearson qualifications.