BTEC Firsts CIPS-endorsed units
We’ve teamed up with the The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) to develop an offer unique to the BTEC First Diploma. All learners studying the largest size qualification (Diploma) will have the opportunity to also gain a CIPS-accredited qualification and access a free membership package.
The CIPS has endorsed 2 Procurement and Supply optional units within the qualification and developed free teaching support materials to help teachers deliver the units.
The two new endorsed units that have been developed specifically for the Diploma are:
- Unit 28 – Principles of Procurement and Supply
- Unit 29 – Implementing Procurement and Supply in Business.
Benefits for learners
Learners taking these units will:
- get a head start on their career path by achieving a globally recognised professional qualification
- on successful completion of both units, be awarded the internationally recognised CIPS Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations
- have access to a dedicated careers section on www.cips.org
Free teaching support materials
The CIPS has developed a comprehensive package of teaching support materials and resources to help you in the planning, delivery and assessment of these units, including:
- suggested lesson plans
- sample assignments and assessments
- video tutorials and interactive games to engage learners.
Find out more about the CIPS resources for units 28 and 29 at cips.org/btec.
Free CIPS membership for learners and tutors
Learners and tutors will automatically receive free e-Affiliate CIPS Membership which includes member-only access to the CIPS website with email news updates.
Want to deliver these units?
Get in touch with Colin Leith, your Business Subject Advisor, if you have any questions about delivering the BTEC First Diploma in Business or the procurement and supply units. You’ll find his details on the specification page.