Security update - May 2022
An update on everything new within the Security and Protective Services sector.
The new Pearson BTEC Level 3 Certificate for Close Protection Operatives in the Private Security Industry went live for learner registration on 1 April 2022. All learners wishing to apply for a Close Protection licence must complete this new qualification.
The specification is available on our website here:
BTEC Certificate for Close Protection Operatives in the Private Security Industry (L3) - 2022
The Sample Assessment Materials are available on our website here:
BTEC Certificate for Close Protection Operatives in the Private Security Industry (L3) | Sample Assessment Materials
The live assessment materials for all units, including the practical assessment workbooks and assessor observation records, are available here:
Secure Tests | Close Protection 2022
Please note you will need your EOL username and password to access all live assessment materials.
Learners registered on the previous 2015 version of the qualification have until 31 August 2022 to claim certification.
Learner SIA Licence Applications
Further to our March update, we are still receiving a lot of requests to investigate why learners’ SIA licence applications aren’t progressing.
Upon investigation with the SIA, these are the most common reasons why licence applications cannot be completed:
- Learner’s date of birth provided for the qualification registration does not match the date of birth provided on the licence application/SIA account
- Learner’s name does not match the name on their SIA account
- Learner has multiple active SIA accounts
- Learner does not have an active SIA account
- Learner has applied for the wrong licence e.g. they have completed a Security Officer qualification but have applied for a Door Supervisor licence
- It is still within the 15 working day period for qualifications to appear on the SIA portal.
It is imperative that these details are checked before contacting us. It is the responsibility of the learners to ensure their details on their SIA account are accurate. It is the responsibility of centres to ensure that learners’ details on EOL are accurate. Pearson cannot amend details on SIA accounts.
Please ensure learners are aware of the importance of checking that their details on their SIA account are correct and match the details provided on registration for the qualification. Please ensure these are checked before contacting us.