Security update - January 2024
An update on everything new within the Security and Protective Services sector.
Security face-to-face centre event
We will shortly be inviting all centres approved to deliver security licence-to-practice qualifications to a face-to-face event where we will be reviewing all the requirements that centres must follow when delivering these qualifications, and going through the new quality assurance processes in detail. Please make every effort to have a representative from your centre attend this event to ensure you are complying with all delivery requirements.
Where: 80 Strand, London, WC2R 0RL
When: Tuesday 20 February, 10:00am - 3:00pm.
New Door Supervisor training content: Spiking
Following recent public and government concern about instances of spiking, the SIA will shortly be issuing new training content to raise awareness of spiking. This content must be delivered as part of all Door Supervisor courses from March 2024.
The training will seek to raise Door Supervisors’ awareness spiking via adding alcohol or drugs to someone’s food or drink without their knowledge or consent, as well spiking by injection. It will cover:
- Visual and non-visual indicators that a drink has been spiked
- Behavioural indicators of perpetrators
- Circumstances where individuals may be at higher risk of spiking
- Behavioural indicators that an individual may have been spiked
- How to manage a situation where you believe an individual has been spiked.
- Preventative actions that could be taken
We will be in touch with more details shortly.