New Level 3 Diploma in Policing announced
22 January 2016Read more
Find out about our new Level 3 Diploma in Policing.
New Level 3 Diploma in Policing
We are pleased to announce the new Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Diploma in Policing is now available for learner registration. The new Qualification Accreditation Number is 601/8246/5.
This qualification replaces the previous QCF Level 3 Diploma in Policing (500/8022/2), which expired for learner registrations on 31 December 2015.
The new Diploma reflects the Initial Police Learning and Developing Programme, which has recently been updated by the College of Policing.
The following ten units are all mandatory within the new Diploma in Policing:
- Plan, implement and review an evidence-based preventative policing approach
- Support victims, witnesses and vulnerable people
- Manage conflict situations in policing
- Use police powers to deal with suspects
- Conduct police searches
- Handle information and intelligence that can support law enforcement
- Provide an initial response to policing incidents
- Conduct priority and volume investigations
- Interview victims and witnesses in relation to priority and volume investigations
- Interview suspects in relation to priority and volume investigations.