October 2015 work-based learning and colleges update
This month's update includes information on 19+ funding, qualification changes, Trailblazer Provider Readiness Groups and our free sector development forums.
Qualifications confirmed for 19+ Standalone Funding
Pearson was successful in securing funding for 19+ learners for the following qualifications last month:
- Pearson BTEC Level 1 Certificate in General Beverage Service Skills (QCF) - 601/6950/3
- Pearson BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Introduction to Culinary Skills (QCF) - 601/6947/3
- Pearson BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Introduction to Professional Food and Beverage Service Skills (QCF) - 601/6952/7
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Professional Cookery (Kitchen and Larder) (QCF) - 601/6949/7
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Professional Patisserie and Confectionery (QCF) - 601/6953/9
- Pearson BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Introduction to Professional Cookery (QCF) - 601/6946/1
- Pearson BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Introduction to Professional Food and Beverage Service (QCF) - 601/6951/5
We are still awaiting the outcome of the following qualifications as to whether they have been successfully recognised on the DFE performance tables which will automatically secure 19+ funding. We should hear on 22 November and funding should be backdated to the August 2015 starts.
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery (QCF) - 601/6948/5
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Professional Patisserie and Confectionery (QCF) - 601/6945/X
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Professional Food and Beverage Service (QCF) - 601/6944/8
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working in Hospitality and Catering (Hospitality Services)
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working in Hospitality and Catering (Food and Beverage Service)
The following qualifications are in the process of being withdrawn from the Pearson portfolio and therefore will not be open to registrations from the dates shown.
- 600/7867/4 Pearson BTEC Level 2 Award in Achieving Excellence in Skills Performance (QCF) – 31 October 2015
- 600/7868/6 Pearson BTEC Level 3 Award in Achieving Excellence in Skills Performance (QCF) – 31 October 2015
- 600/7869/8 Pearson BTEC Level 4 Award in Achieving Excellence in Skills Performance (QCF) – 31 October 2015
- 601/1145/8 Pearson BTEC Level 2 Award in Practical Food Safety in Catering (QCF) – 31 December 2015
New Practice Tests Available
We have new practice tests available for our BTEC Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering qualification. Practice tests are full papers that candidates can use to help prepare, or practice.
We have also developed a practice test mark scheme and answer sheet.
Onscreen testing for BTEC Specialist qualifications
Trailblazer Provider Readiness Groups
AELP and AOC having initiated a Provider Reference Group for Hospitality and one for Retail. The groups will ensure that providers have the relevant information, guidance and support to prepare for the implementation of the new apprenticeships. There are two meetings set up for November, one for hospitality and one for retail. To identify what providers would like to get from the groups a consultation is available on the consultations page of the People 1st website.
See the invitation for Hospitality here.
See the invitation for Retail here.
Sector Development Forums
We are running free of charge sector development webinars on the 18 November 10am - 12noon.
This webinar is for Work Based Learning and Colleges offering Retail and Hospitality qualifications and apprenticeships. This session will include a general sector update as well as a focus on the latest Trailblazer Developments. We will also look at future qualification developments for the post-16 sector. Some reading material will be sent out to registered delegates 1 week before the webinar to help get the most out of the session.