May 2018 Health and Health Science Update
This May update covers updates on qualifications for the Health and Science sector.
Subjects to be withdrawn
Please note that the following qualifications will be withdrawn.
England and Wales on 31st July 2018:
- 601/5721/5 Pearson BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Healthcare Science (QCF)
- 600/3859/7 Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Award in Reviewing Health and Safety Procedures in the Workplace
- 600/0304/2 Pearson BTEC Level 3 Award in Working with Medication (QCF)
Updates on Laboratory Science qualifications
Please be advised that in order to comply with Ofqual regulations, we have made changes to the Edexcel NVQ Laboratory Science qualifications listed below.
Extended in England until July 2018, expired in Wales on 30 November 2017:
- Pearson Edexcel Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Laboratory and Associate Technical Activities (600/1664/4)
- Pearson Edexcel Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Laboratory Science (600/1730/2)
Extended in England and Wales until December 2018:
- Pearson Edexcel Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Laboratory and Associated Technical Activities (600/1731/4)
- Pearson Edexcel Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Laboratory Science (600/1732/6)
Extended in Wales until 31 July 2018, expired in England on 30 November 2017:
- Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Laboratory and Associated Technical Activities (QCF) (600/1733/8)