June 2016 work-based learning and colleges update
This month's update includes information on the endorsement framework from Skills for Care, counselling qualifications, a research report around recruiting for values and becoming a member of the panel.
Endorsement framework from Skills for Care
A mark of quality for learning and development, the endorsement framework is a mark of quality that is given to the best learning and development in the adult social care sector.
Join the increasing number of providers who have achieved Recognised Provider or Centre of Excellence status with Skills for Care.
Read more about the endorsement framework
Research suggests recruiting for values can pay off
Skills for Care has published a study on the impact of a values-based approach to recruitment and retention, which suggests employers taking a values-based approach are reaping the rewards.
The majority of employers using a values-based approach to recruitment and retention reported:
- staff performed better, based on indicators such as absence and punctuality
- staff had stronger care values such as respect, empathy and compassion
- lower staff turnover by 5.6%
- a positive return on investment of £1.23 for every £1 spent.
We have extended the following qualifications to 31 December 2017:
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Award in Counselling Skills (QCF)
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (QCF)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills (QCF)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills (QCF)
- Pearson BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (QCF).
Colleges and Work-based Learning Panel
If you're an employer, learning provider or a business unit within an FE college, we'd love you to become a member of the Colleges and Work-based Learning Panel.
Be a member and have your say
Becoming a member gives you the opportunity to share your views on our range of services through online surveys and taking part in discussions, forums and online focus groups.
Your views on qualifications, published resources and learning technology solutions will count, and you will be on the inside track of our new developments.