Health and Social Care update - January 2023
Update: Flexibilities for ST0215 Healthcare Assistant Practitioner, ST0216 Healthcare support worker, ST0217 Senior healthcare support worker
Thank you for the recent engagement where we asked for your views in relation to the impact removal of flexibilities will have on apprentices and employment settings. This was forwarded back to OFQUAL to illustrate the need to retain these flexibilities.
We have since received communication that after a detailed review internally at IfATE with input from trailblazers, employers a decision has been made to continue with the planned removal of the dispensations on 31 December 2022.
For apprentices entering gateway post 1 January 2023, they will be assessed using the existing assessment plan of face-to-face observations.
A reminder that since some of the flexibilities have been turned off by IFATE, the following will be retained and can be used:
- Observations taking place in simulated environments
- Remote delivery of assessment (including invigilation)
- Pauses being allowed between assessment methods during end-point assessment period
- Assessments taking place outside of usual venues
- Delivery of assessment methods in any order (when a specified order is in the assessment plan)
- Exams/tests being online instead of on paper (where originally specified as paper-based only)
- Gateway sign off being done remotely (were originally specified as having to be face to face)
For further detail, the IFATE webpage can be found here: