Health and Health Science update July 2019
An update on everything new within the Health and Health Science sector in July 2019.
Pharmacy Technician Apprenticeship Standard and Qualifications
Pharmacy Technician Apprenticeship Standard (Integrated) has now been approved for delivery. We are in the process of developing a qualification that meets the GPhC standards for the Initial Education and Training of pharmacy technicians (2017) and can be used for this Apprenticeship standard. This qualification will be available in Autumn 2019 for first teaching in February 2020 (subject to GPhC accreditation).
Current Pharmacy qualifications are all available for registrations until 30 September 2020, which include:
- 500/9579/1 Pearson BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Pharmaceutical Science
- 500/9351/4 Pearson Edexcel Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Pharmacy Service Skills
- 500/9939/5 Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science
- 500/9578/X Pearson Edexcel Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Pharmacy Service Skills
First Person on Scene-Scottish qualifications
Following qualifications will be retired in Scotland with last registration date of 31 August 2019.
- Pearson BTEC Certificate for First Person on Scene at SCQF Level 7 R502
- Pearson BTEC Extended Certificate for First Person on Scene at SCQF Level 7 R503