June 2016 work-based learning update
This month's update includes information on 'Trailblazers', widening the Early Years gap and becoming a member of the panel.
Children, young people and families Trailblazer
The first 2 standards for new apprenticeships have been approved:
- Children, young people and families Practitioner
- Children, young people and families Manager.
These standards are not yet ready for use.
New standards in development by the Trailblazer group are:
- Assistant early years practitioner Level 2
- Assistant equalities named coordinator Level 3
- Lead equalities named coordinator Level 3
- Senior early years practitioner Level 4
- Quality improvement leader Level 4
- Health and wellbeing leader Level 4
- Early years centre leader Level 5
- Service leader Level 5.
Widening the Early Years gap
A report published by CentreForum examines the potential impact of the changes to childcare policy.
Join the Colleges and Work Based Learning Panel
If you're an employer, learning provider or a business unit within an FE college, we'd love you to become a member of the Colleges and Work Based Learning Panel.
Be a member and have your say
Becoming a member gives you the opportunity to share your views on our range of services, through online surveys and taking part in discussions, forums and online focus groups.
Your views on qualifications, published resources and learning technology solutions will count, and you will be on the inside track of our new developments.