Computer Science February Update
Please find the February update here any questions please contact me directly.
CAS Network event 27 Feb 2024 from 16:00 to 17:00
A practical demonstration of the Pearson Edexcel Paper 2 on-screen assessment covering the logistics of running the assessment from a student's perspective. Additional time for questions about all aspects of the Pearson Edexcel GCSE Computer Science specification and assessments. This session would be excellent for any teachers who would like to know more about this approach so that they can consider the use of this for their students.
Network Support Event 19th March 16:00 - 17:00
A great opportunity to discuss our GCSE Computer Science specification with views from recent students Harry and Anna who are currently in Year 12 studying A Level Computer Science
- Hear from Harry and Anna and see the Mission Encodeable resources
- Signpost some of Pearsons and other publishers resources
- Hear from Harry and Anna, their views about our GCSE Computer Science and progression to A Level computer science
- Answer any and all questions related to the Paper 2 assessment or any aspect of our specification
The Programming Language Subset (PLS) Version 5 is now on our website please check it out. No additional content but some further examples for string formatting.
If you are delivering, or are considering delivering, our 2020 Computer Science specification and have not already been contacted please complete the Intention to offer form below.
Please join the 2060 colleagues currently active in the Facebook group for this qualification it is teachers only and provides the platform for free and open sharing of views resources and opinions.
Join us as an Examiner
Excellent opportunity to join this growing team and gain invaluable CPD.
A GCSE -Computer Science (2020 Specification) Examiner will mark candidates’ responses in accordance with the pre-defined mark scheme, whilst adhering to conditions of recognition and examination procedures. A high level of subject knowledge is necessary in order to apply the mark scheme. Each examiner will receive an agreed allocation of scripts.
Please note that if you wish to be considered you must have experience with Python Computer Language for 1CP2 02.
- To mark accurately and consistently to ensure overall standards are maintained
- To submit samples to your Team Leader at designated times
- To ensure milestones for marking are adhered to
- To ensure all administration is completed as specified
- You will have one academic year's worth of teaching experience: a. within the last 8 years b. within the relevant qualification and subject
- You will have a degree or equivalent
- You will be a qualified teacher
- You will have experience in Python
Free teacher access to Pearson’s online GCSE revision.
We're here to help your GCSE Computer Science students have the best chance to succeed with online revision from the exam experts.
Pearson Revise Online gives every student the same access to all their revision guides for Pearson Edexcel and AQA subjects. All in one place online, with quick quizzes and knowledge checks to help them prioritise their learning.
This year, teachers can get free access to the platform to use in front-of-class revision lessons in the run-up to mocks.