GCSE and A level History training events
This term we’re providing you with lots of support and feedback on the summer 2018 exam series.
Local network events for GCSE and A level History
Our free, local network events give you the opportunity to discuss the 2018 summer results, talk through key points from the examiner reports and marked exemplar work, as well as network and share teaching ideas and strategies.
There are currently spaces available for the following events:
- Middlesbrough | 4 October 2018, 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m (GCSE History only)
- Buckinghamshire | 10 October 2018, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m (GCSE and A level History)
- Tipton, Sandwell | 23 October 2018, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m (GCSE and A level History)
The other events are full but you can add your name to the waiting list. We will be adding more events soon to cover more of the country so keep an eye on the training page for more information.
Pre-recorded feedback events
We are currently working on pre-recorded feedback events for GCSE and A level History. These will go up on the qualifications page for everyone to watch, free of charge, in late October/early November. As this is the first exam series for the new GCSE History specification, the GCSE videos will go into a lot of depth and cover all topics.
A level History coursework marking training
These free events are designed for teachers who are delivering our A level History specification and need guidance on how to mark the coursework. There are currently spaces available for the following events:
- Manchester | 21 November 2018, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Online | 26 November 2018, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Online | 28 January 2019, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- London | 1 February 2019, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Manchester | 5 February 2019, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Birmingham | 6 February 2019, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Online | 28 February 2019, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Don't forget you can find exemplar marked coursework in the June 2017/2018 Examiner's Report and in past training content on the qualification page.
A level History New to Edexcel training
If you are new to teaching Edexcel A level History or thinking of switching to us you can attend a free online New to Edexcel event on the following date:
- Online | 4 October 2018, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
We’ve recently run a similar event for GCSE which was very well attended – if you’d like a copy of the materials from this event please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re thinking of switching to our new GCSE History specification, you can find a switching guide and lots of support via our switching page.
GCSE topic-specific training events
We are running a series of paid-for events exploring the structure and content, teaching activities and strategies for the following GCSE topics:
- Early Elizabethan England - Birmingham | 5 February 2019, 10 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Anglo-Saxon and Norman England, c1060–88 - Birmingham | 6 February 2019, 10 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Training events from Hodder
Hodder are running a range of events for teachers and students, including feedback, exam preparation and topic-specific events.
Further support for GCSE and A level History
In addition to training we will also be producing some additional packs of exemplar student responses with examiner commentaries. These should be available on the relevant qualification pages before Christmas.
Don’t forget the examiners reports from summer 18 also contain exemplar responses and you can use our free access to scripts service to get access to your own students’ scripts until 14 December 2018.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.